306 N. Veterans St.
Flandreau, SD, 57028
Since it first opened for business, Mad Mary's Steakhouse and Saloon in Flandreau, South Dakota, has established and maintained its reputation as one of the premier restaurants to go to for delicious American food and mouth-watering steaks. Their extensive menu includes everything from prime rib to crab-stuffed shrimp to their unique Mad Margarita, plus a selection of tap beers, wines, and tasty ice cream drinks!
Visit Mad Mary's Steakhouse and discover for yourself why it's more than just a good meal!
8oz. Aged Sirloin with Blue Cheese and Bacon Topping
* Recipe topping can make up to 8 steaks
8 oz. steaks (1 to 8 steaks as desired)
1 cup cooked bacon, cut into small pieces or crumbles
1 lb butter
2 cups blue cheese crumbles
1. In large bowl, mix together butter (softened if needed but not melted), blue cheese crumbles, bacon crumbles, salt, pepper and thyme.
2. Place mixture on wax paper, then roll wax paper and seal the ends (i.e. like a burrito). Put mixture in refrigerator and let sit for one hour.
3. Take out mixture, slice into ½ inch thick slices.
4. Grill steaks to desired doneness. After steaks are nearly finished grilling, add blue cheese mixture slice (more than 1 if desired). Continue grilling briefly until topping is melted and golden brown.
5. Serve and enjoy!